Software Engineer - Content Services
Soundtrack Your Brand is a Spotify-backed company that offers music streaming services for businesses. We serve small customers, like the hairdresser around the corner, and large enterprises like McDonald's, Tony & Guy and TAGHeuer.
Playing music in businesses are far different from playing music at home. A business music service is pretty much a collaborative, multi-user, multi-location game where enterprises need a vast selection of music that's continually updated. Also, the music itself profoundly influence consumers' experience and behavior, which we have repeatedly proven in our research, and as thought leaders in in-store music research, we try to educate the world about the impact of music.
Our development team consists of 30 very talented, motivated and humble engineers with experiences from EA, Spotify, Skype, iZettle, Viaplay, Blocket, and Aftonbladet. In total, we are about 90 people working from Birger Jarlsgatan in Stockholm, Seattle, and London.
After building an impressive Nordic customer base in the last couple of years, we have now expanded internationally and are currently live in Europe, America, Asia, and Africa.
You will play a central role in our Content Services team, which is responsible for all our content related infrastructure. This involves everything from content ingestion, music metadata and royalty reporting. We firmly believe in fair traded music and that artists, composers, and songwriters should be compensated fairly. Our Content Services team plays a crucial role in calculating royalty payments and reporting of these to labels and publishers.
But everything starts with content ingestion and our ability to process hundred thousands of new and updated tracks on a daily basis. Our Content API needs processed metadata and rights information so it can serve legal content to all our music players located around the world.
Music metadata and recommendation algorithms are key to today’s modern music services. The Content Services team is responsible for all our metadata systems covering a wide variety of areas from audio analysis, music categorisation and explicit detection. Each area worthy of its own ML model allowing scalable music curation and powering of different recommendation algorithms.
In other words, everything we do focus on scalability and maintainability, and the ability to design and build efficient, reliable and maintainable systems.
We strongly believe in self-organizing teams with a high degree of responsibility and accountability. Therefore you will be involved in the team’s key decisions and share the responsibility to deliver superb content related services along with your extremely dedicated colleagues.
You're friendly, pragmatic, professional, precise and fun to work with. Also, you are probably comfortable with describing yourself as:
- Being focused on what is most important here and now, at all times, and having a knack for realizing when it's time to change the game plan and when to stick to it.
- An excellent communicator – inside the team, as well as outside of it. You love to discuss different solutions and strategies for technical challenges.
- A person with an agile mindset who feels comfortable with quickly adapting to constant change.
- An open person who say what you mean and mean what you say.
- Ready to get your hands dirty and join a team of doers!
We are currently looking for both a junior and a senior developer, why we are interested in different types of experiences and skillsets:
- Strong background in software engineering, e.g., a CS degree or equivalent fundamentals.
- Previous experience of building scalable, maintainable and robust data management systems and processing pipelines.
- Professional experience of one or several relevant areas
• data modeling and processing services like DataStore, PostgreSQL, BigTable, BigQuery and Apache Beam.
• machine learning models and frameworks like TensorFlow
• cloud-based back-end services such as App Engine or Kubernetes.
• system integrations using REST APIs.
• monitoring through Prometheus and Grafana.
- Being used to working independently and planning your own time and efforts.
- Experience with unit, integration and load testing.
- Experience of using Git, or a similar distributed source management system.
- Familiar with agile development methods like Scrum or Kanban or variations thereof.
We believe that diversity of perspective and experience will render a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users. We’d like for new employees to contribute to such a diverse workplace.
Apply to: email@example.com